Site news

Coder competition - Codehire Cup

Picture of David Suter
Coder competition - Codehire Cup
by David Suter - Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 11:01 AM

Hi - I've been asked to post this by Nathan Hockley who describes himself as "I’m currently undertaking a Masters of eCommerce at UniSA.".
Clearly it's a commercial venture so you need to do your own assessment of the potential benefits of participating - vs the costs, in that light.

He describes it as follows:

It is a national comp for students and professionals to find Australia's best coders. We ran a trial comp in Adelaide that went really well so we're going all out with a national event. Key dates are:

June 7 - Online registration ends.
June 8 - Online preliminary rounds begin.
June 15 - Online semi-final rounds begin.
July 13 - Live finale at Fishburners coworking space in Sydney.(finale can be done online if a contestant is unable to get there).

See http://Codehire.com/cup

The code tests that are the backbone of the competition can be completed in Java, Javascript, PHP, .NET, Ruby & Python.
Picture of Andrew Gallasch
Re: Coder competition - Codehire Cup
by Andrew Gallasch - Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 2:21 PM

costs? there aren't any costs. I am not sure where the suspicion comes form, but I entered last year and I think it was mostly uofa students who took home the prizes. And they're good prizes.
Picture of David Suter
Re: Coder competition - Codehire Cup
by David Suter - Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 2:56 PM

Good to hear.

I would say my intention was cautious - not suspicious.

Costs was meant to be time/effort (though their website suggests registration is only free up to a certain point in time).

But clearly you know far more about the competition and rewards than: I and I appreciate the feedback on your experience from last year.